Do you have any questions? Contact us.
The process of starting up and developing a business is not just an adventure, but also a real challenge. In order to help entrepreneurs with this, it is essential to create a favourable business environment.
Ensuring easier access to funding, making legislation clearer and more effective and developing an entrepreneurial culture and support networks for businesses are all instrumental as far as the setting up and growth of businesses are concerned.
However, creating a favourable business environment does not mean simply improving the growth potential of businesses. It also means turning Europe into a place in which it is advantageous to invest and work. In this way, the promotion of corporate social responsibility is contributing to making business in Europe more attractive.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) make up 99% of European businesses. Their small size makes them very sensitive to changes in the industry and environment in which they operate. It is therefore vital for their well-being to be a focus of political attention.
- SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES (SME) - 99% OF EUROPEAN ENTERPRISES
- BUSINESS SUPPORT
IMPROVING THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Improving rules, practices and management
- Combating late payment in commercial transactions
- Green Paper: European Contract Law for consumers and businessesArchives
- Open method of coordination: BEST procedure
- Reducing administrative costs
- Administrative burdens: sectoral reduction plans 2009
- A simplified business environment
- Transfer of businesses
- Overcoming the stigma of business failure
- Community eco-management and audit scheme (EMAS)
- Late paymentsArchives
Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- A European strategy 2011-2014 for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Promoting corporate social responsibility
- Corporate social responsibility: a business contribution to sustainable development.
- Green Paper on corporate social responsibilityArchives
- Sustainable Consumption, Production and Industry Action Plan
- Improving rules, practices and management