We are migrating the content of this website during the first semester of 2014 into the new EUR-Lex web-portal. We apologise if some content is out of date before the migration. We will publish all updates and corrections in the new version of the portal.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Social measures for target groups: disability and old age
Disability is a multifaceted reality. It affects some individuals throughout their existence and others only at the end of their life. In general, individuals who have reached old age or are suffering from a handicap are not equal in terms of living and working conditions. In addition, the European Union is faced with an unprecedented demographic upheaval which will have major repercussions on society as a whole. At European level, the Institutions help the Member States to create a society that is accessible to all by strengthening cooperation with and between them and promoting the collection, exchange and processing of comparable data, statistics and good practice.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
- Protection at international level of the rights and freedoms of persons with disabilities
- Equal opportunities for people with disabilities: a European action plan (2004-2010)
- Promotion and protection of the rights and dignity of persons with disabilities at international level
- Towards a barrier free Europe for people with disabilities
- European Year of People with Disabilities 2003Archives
- Equal opportunities for people with disabilitiesArchives
- Specific actions
- Transversal actions
- European Year for Active Ageing (2012)
- 2009 Ageing Report
- Ageing well in the information society: The Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) Programme
- Europe's response to world ageing
- Development of high-quality, accessible and sustainable health care and long-term care
- The future of health care and care for the elderly: guaranteeing accessibility, quality and financial viability
- Promoting solidarity between the generationsArchives
- The demographic future of Europe – from challenge to opportunityArchives
- Green Paper "Confronting demographic change: a new solidarity between the generations"Archives
- Towards a Europe for All AgesArchives