We are migrating the content of this website during the first semester of 2014 into the new EUR-Lex web-portal. We apologise if some content is out of date before the migration. We will publish all updates and corrections in the new version of the portal.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
General development framework
The European Union's action in the development cooperation field is based on the principles of effectiveness of aid, coordination between Member States and international players, and consistency of European policies with development objectives.
The "European Consensus on Development" defines the general framework for the action of the Union and Member States. In addition, the Union is particularly committed to honouring the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDG), for which the Union has put in place various instruments that will also help reinforce the impact of its action.
PRINCIPLES OF DEVELOPMENT AID
- The European Consensus on Development
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs): twelve-point action plan
- The EU contribution towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- European development and external assistance policy: 2009 Report
- European Development and External Assistance Policies: 2008 Report
- Effectiveness of aid
Policy coherence for development
- Съгласуваност на политиките за развитие: към нова политическа рамка (FR)
- Policy coherence for development
- Mid-term report on policy coherence for development
- Monitoring the financing for development
- Cooperation and complementarity between the EU and the Member States
- International cooperation
- Thematic Programmes (2007-2013)
- Other instruments