Herramientas de servicio
Selección de idiomas
Recorrido de navegación
The presentation of the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations in Latvia took place on February 3rd 2012 in Riga.
During the event, presided by the Minister of Welfare, Ilze Viņķele, and the Head of the European Commission Representation in Latvia, Inna Šteinbuka, the Good Will Ambassadors for the EY 2012 were presented to the media and representatives of the steering committee.
The seven Good Will Ambassadors are well-known personalities in Latvia and they all signed during the presentation an agreement to cooperate and participate in the promotion of this European year, by sharing their experiences and opinions about active ageing and solidarity between generations.
- Anatolijs Danilāns, leading gastroenterologist and professor of the Riga Stradins University;
- Baiba Rasma Šteina, director of the largest youth folk dance ensemble of Latvia “Zelta sietiņš”;
- Kārlis Būmeisters, Latvian musician;
- Edgars Račevskis, choir conductor and chief conductor of the Nationwide Song Celebration;
- Inese Zinģīte, promoter of healthy lifestyle;
- Inese Kučinska, actress of Liepaja Theatre;
- Miks Laksbergs, soloist of the Ventspils Center Primary School’s boy choir.