Services we provide
Central information service
You can call us or e-mail us in any official EU language to get:
- an immediate answer to general questions related to the EU
- directions to the best sources of information/advice and contact details (at EU, national or local level)
- information on your rights and opportunities as an EU citizen and how to exercise them (getting a residence permit or your qualifications recognised in another EU country, how to complain about unsafe products, etc.)
- more specialised information (if necessary)
- free postal delivery of certain EU publications
If you're having trouble navigating the European Union website, a web chat can help you find:
specific EU documents (legislation, publications, press releases etc.)
- factsheets, reports, statistics, working documents etc. on specific EU policies.
- Information about European integration, history, symbols, institutions, etc.
What Europe Direct can't offer
problem-solving - we can't file or forward complaints for you (though we can tell you who you need to contact for this)
comment on specific EU policy issues or positions
legal advice (interpreting EU laws)
Local information services
A network of information centres, documentation centres and speakers in every EU country.
Contact your local Europe Direct information centre – in any official EU language for:
- answers to questions on your EU rights, funding, etc.
- invitations to local EU information/networking events
- EU documents and publications
- references to other information sources
- contact details for relevant organisations
What are Europe Direct centres?
Attend EU information events in your country
Contact your nearest European documentation centre for:
- access to official EU publications and documents (online and print)
- help finding detailed information on European law, integration, policies and institutions
- training for students on EU-related fact-finding and research
What are European documentation centres?
Find an EU expert speaker (lawyers, consultants, academics) if you're planning an EU-focused event in your area.
What are EU expert speakers (Team Europe)?