This page is available in 24 languages
European public administration
Policy officer (AD) - European Public Administration
To find out more watch the video from some of the officials who work with us in this area: Cindy (European Commission, DG INFSO), Lukas (European Commission, DG Energy) and Ioan (European Parliament, Human Rights).
EU institutions take decisions that affect 500 million people in 28 EU countries. As a policy officer you could:
- draft policy analysis
- implement projects and programmes of work across Europe
- co-ordinate work across departments and with external stakeholders
- closely support decision-makers
- manage human and financial resources
You must have:
- a good command of at least 2 European languages (one of which must be English, French or German)
- a degree (or be graduating this year) for entry at Grade AD 5
- several years’ relevant experience, to join us at a more senior level (Grade AD 7).