This page is available in 3 languages
Administrators specialising in legal research (BG/DE/HR/IE/LT/SK)
Your legal expertise. Our body of laws.
Your Career. Our European Union.
The Court of Justice of the European Union is looking for highly talented lawyers with a qualification in Bulgarian, Croatian, German, Irish, Lithuanian or Slovakian law to work for the Court’s Research and Documentation Directorate in Luxembourg as permanent staff.
As a lawyer within this directorate you will:
- carry out preliminary analysis of cases introduced before the Court;
- do research on a wide variety of subjects with reference to national and EU law;
- carry out a systematic analysis of the decisions of the Court;
- develop research tools and tools for disseminating national and EU law.
To apply for the entry-grade (AD5) you should have:
- at least 3 years' completed university studies attested by a law diploma.
To apply for a more senior position (AD7) you will need:
- at least 4 years' completed university studies attested by a law diploma; and
- at least 6 years’ relevant professional experience.
You also need:
- EU citizenship;
- a thorough knowledge of the language of the competition: Bulgarian, German, Croatian, English/Irish, Lithuanian or Slovak (C1); and
- a good knowledge of French (B2).
Salary: EUR 4 384,38 (AD5) / EUR 5 612,65 (AD7) (indicative monthly starting salary for a 40-hour working week).
As well as providing support and assistance to new staff for relocation, the EU institutions also offer a comprehensive remuneration package, including pension and health insurance.
All applicants will be given an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. See more on equal opportunities and special needs.
Stay up-to-date about these competitions through: eu-careers.info.
This competition is now closed for applications. Check here for current and upcoming competitions.