This page is available in 3 languages
Lawyer-linguists: European Parliament and Council
Your country’s law. Our European legislation.
Your career. Our European Union.
The European Parliament and the Council of the European Union are looking for lawyer-linguists with Greek, Spanish, Italian, Lithuanian, Maltese or Swedish as their main language to be recruited as permanent staff.
As a lawyer-linguist working at the European Parliament or the Council of the European Union, you will:
- revise legal/legislative texts into your main language; and
- provide advice on legislative drafting.
To apply for this position (grade AD 7), you should have:
- EU citizenship;
- a suitable law degree in your main language;
- a perfect command of Greek, Spanish, Italian, Lithuanian, Maltese or Swedish (C2); and
- a thorough knowledge of English, French or German (C1); and
- a thorough knowledge of English, French, German, Italian, Polish, or Spanish (C1).
Your third language must be different from your first and second language. Either your second or third language must be English. Please see the Notice of competition (that will be published on 8 October 2015) for details.
Salary: EUR 5 612,65 (indicative monthly starting salary for a 40-hour working week).
As well as providing support and assistance to new staff for relocation, the EU institutions also offer a comprehensive remuneration package, including pension and health insurance.
If you think you have what it takes, you can find further information and apply on this page
from 8 October to 10 November 2015 at 12.00 midday (Brussels time).
Please note that the opening of the application window has been postponed until further notice.