This page is available in 3 languages
Your medical expertise. The well-being of our staff.
Your Career. Our European Union.
The European Commission is looking for doctors to be recruited as permanent staff.
As a doctor working at the European Commission, your main tasks will be:
- medical check-ups and counselling for staff and candidates;
- health promotion campaigns, prevention and protection at work;
- liaising with external physicians and/or hospital services;
- team management and administration.
To apply for this position, you should have:
- at least 4 years' completed university studies attested by a diploma in medicine;
- a diploma in a medical specialisation obtained after the above-mentioned diploma; and
- at least 12 years’ professional experience, acquired after the diploma in medicine, in a related field.
For details please read the Notice of Competition that will be published on 4 June 2015.
You also need:
- EU citizenship;
- a thorough knowledge of an official EU language (C1); and
- a satisfactory knowledge of English, French or German (B2).
Location: Brussels, Luxembourg or Ispra.
Salary: EUR 9 197, 87 (indicative monthly starting salary for a 40-hour working week).
As well as providing support and assistance to new staff for relocation, the EU institutions also offer a comprehensive remuneration package, including pension and health insurance.
All applicants will be given an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. See more on equal opportunities and special needs.
This competition is now closed for applications. Check here for current and upcoming competitions.
Stay up-to-date about this competition through: eu-careers.info.