This page is available in 24 languages
Intellectual property officers and experts
This database will be used exclusively by OHIM to fill posts based in Alicante, Spain.
As intellectual property officers your tasks may include:
- support with examination of all aspects relating to Community Trade Mark (CTM) and Registered Community Design (RCD) applications and registrations
- support to activities relating to intellectual property rights in general including the implementation of cooperation and convergence projects
As intellectual property experts your tasks may include:
- handling all aspects of Community Trade Mark (CTM) and Registered Community Design (RCD) applications and registrations
- providing legal advice and settlement of disputes
- collecting, analysing and disseminating information and data on intellectual property rights
To apply for the intellectual property officer position (function group III), you should have:
- post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of one year or
secondary education and appropriate professional experience of four years.
To apply for the intellectual property expert position (function group IV), you should have:
- completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma and at least three years of appropriate professional experience.
You also need:
- EU citizenship
- a thorough knowledge of an official EU language (C1)
- plus a satisfactory knowledge of English, French, German, Italian or Spanish (B2).
Location: Alicante, Spain
Basic Salary: EUR 2,476.74 (function group III, grade 8) / EUR 3,170.61 (function group IV, grade 13) (indicative monthly starting salary for a 40-hour working week). For the salary table, see the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (Article 93).
Salaries are subject to correction coefficients and adjustments, which vary according to the living conditions in the place of employment, and are revised on an annual basis. The current correction coefficient for Spain is 94.5 %.
You may also be able to benefit from various allowances (subject to personal circumstances) and social security coverage (unemployment insurance, Communities pension scheme and the Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme).
There is a European School in Alicante where your children may be enrolled free of tuition fees.
This selection procedure is now closed for applications. Check here for current and upcoming competitions.