Visit the European Central Bank
DE-60311 Frankfurt am Main
Tel: +49 69 13 44 0
Fax: +49 69 13 44 60 00
Types of visit
- Information sessions (approximately 1.5 hours) for groups of at least 20 people
Guided tours (in English and German) of the construction site for the new ECB premises
Visit information – groups
There are two levels of information session:
- The ‘overview’ session gives information about the ECB/Eurosystem/ESCB’s structure, tasks and responsibilities– a module from below can also be added to the introduction
- The ‘advanced’ session deals in-depth with one EU topic. Upon request, and depending on the availability of staff, other topics can also be offered.
Guided tours of the building are not possible.
Groups must have between 20 and 50 people. Groups of fewer than 20 will be asked to join another group.
Visits must be booked at least three months in advance.
School groups must be at least 18 years old. Groups are required to send a full list of participants one week ahead of the visit.
Individual official IDs must be presented upon arrival.
Groups are required to arrive approximately 30 minutes ahead of the visit time to allow for security procedures.
How to apply for a visit
- Go to the European Central Bank website
- Select Group Type (e.g. university)
- Select a date in the calendar showing a free, green session.
- Click either ‘AM’ or ‘PM’ to open a form with a secure connection. Complete the required fields and send.
How to get there
By public transport:
From Frankfurt airport
Take the S-Bahn (suburban train) S8 or S9 in the direction of Hanau to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof
From Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (main train station)
Take the U-Bahn (metro) U4 (in the direction of Seckbacher Landstraße) or the U5 (in the direction of Preungesheim) to Willy-Brandt-Platz, or take tram 11 (in the direction of Fechenheim) to Willy-Brandt-Platz.
By taxi: Approximately 30 minutes from Frankfurt airport
From the north west via the A3
Follow the A3 from Köln (Cologne) as far as the Wiesbadener Kreuz junction. Take the A66 towards Frankfurt. At the Eschborner Dreieck junction, follow signs to Messe/Westkreuz/Stadtmitte as far as the Westkreuz Frankfurt junction.
From the Westkreuz Frankfurt junction
Head towards Messe/Stadtmitte/Hauptbahnhof. At Platz der Republik, turn left towards Alte Oper. Turn right at Taunusanlage and follow signs for Sachsenhausen/Theater. After approximately 800 metres, turn left into Kaiserstraße.
From the north via the A5
Follow the A5 from Kassel, past the Bad Homburger Kreuz junction as far as the Westkreuz Frankfurt junction. Turn off here and follow the directions given above.
From the south via the A5
Follow the A5 from Basel/Karlsruhe, past the Darmstädter Kreuz junction and then the Frankfurter Kreuz junction. Turn off at the Westkreuz Frankfurt junction and follow the directions given above.
From the south east via the A3
Follow the A3 from Würzburg/Nürnberg (Nuremberg)/München (Munich) as far as the Frankfurt-Süd junction. Turn off and follow the B44 (Kennedyallee) towards Stadion/Stadtmitte/Sachsenhausen. At Hans-Thoma-Str., veer to the left and follow signs to Stadtmitte/Zoo/Theater.