As part of celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of signing the Treaty of Rome, the European Integration Department in Sitges is organising its annual EU course on the main challenges facing the EU.
• 12/04: The role of the EU in the world: the energy issue. The course will be opened by EU Sitges Councillor Joaquim Millan i Alegret. This will be followed by a contribution from Raimon Obiols, European Parliament Member.
• 17/04: The Euromediterranean Cooperation. Challenges and opportunities in the new European Neighbourhood Policy. Paqui Santojana, responsible for Euromediterranean Cooperation at the Barcelona City Council.
• 19/04: The enlargement of the EU. Where to stop? Manel Camós, Head of the European Commission Representation in Barcelona.
• 26/04: To release EU: Three different points of view: European institutions, national administrations and communications media. Débora Miralles, Information Department Manager of the Catalonian Government Delegation to the EU.
• 03/05: The Constitutional Treaty two years after the “no” given by France and The Netherlands. Presentation by Mònica Miquel, Chief Councillor of the Social Affairs, Health and Cooperation Department of the Garraf Regional Council. Xavier Ferrer, Chairman of the Association of EU course graduates of Catalonia (ADIDEC), will then bring the course to a close with a contribution.